Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, April 29, 2023

MLB Network's Mark DeRosa hilariously apologizes to Astros - Houston Chronicle

Mark DeRosa, the 16-year big leaguer and current MLB Network analyst, had the temerity to list his top five teams in baseball and not include the Astros. Astros fans did not take it well, especially after their team took two out of three from the Blue Jays, then went on the road and swept the Braves and won a series against the Rays.

At ease, Astros fans. DeRosa — who says he even got yelled at by his wife Heidi, who grew up in Houston — has made a public apology, and he did it live on MLB Network’s MLB Central with hosts Lauren Shehadi and Robert Flores, another Houston native, egging him on.

“Let’s start with: I’m sorry Yordan Alvarez and Alex Bregman,” DeRosa said on the show. “I forgot that you guys play in the postseason and World Series every year, are unfazed, that Yordan is one of the best players in the game and Alex Bregman has been one of the best players in the game for an extended period of time.”

He then turned his attention to Kyle Tucker, who DeRosa worked with as manager of Team USA in this year’s World Baseball Classic.

“I’m sorry, Kyle Tucker,” DeRosa said. “Me and you, we bonded. We had it. Team USA. USA! Let’s get into it a little bit. I apologize. I forgot that you were going to carry the offensive load with Yordan Alvarez while everyone was nicked up. That you play Gold Glove D. That you got no pulse. That you just show up, ice water in his veins and you spit on anything close.”

Then, it was the starting rotation’s turn, including Luis Garcia and Hunter Brown, who each didn't allow a run in their starts against the Rays.

“You know who I’m sorry to? The starting rotation,” he said. “Framber (Valdez), I apologize. Hunter Brown, I’m sorry, alright? Luis Garcia with the beads on the back end of the dreads. How dare I? Cristian Javier is punching tickets left and right. He’s 2-0 with a 3.21 in five starts. Luis Garcia is 2-0 in 13 scoreless innings over his last two starts. And Hunter Brown? Justin Verlander walks out the door and we’ve got the little mini version coming through. (Rays three-hole hitter) Randy Arozarena, all he could do is smile last night. This stuff is electric. The ability to spin a baseball down and away and then oops, I’ll run 96 up under your chin just to keep you honest. The starting rotation is stout and I apologize. They have a 2.87 ERA over their last 11 starts. They’ve stared what I consider the best two teams in baseball in the face and beat them up.”

Finally, the bullpen — including Ryan Pressly, who also was on Team USA — and guys like Mauricio Dubón and Corey Julks got some attention.

“I’m sorry battle-tested bullpen. Ryan Pressly, how dare I?,” he said. “You are the guy I handed the ball to and you’d ask me every day when I saw you, ‘You nervous, Skip?’ You’re damn right I’m nervous, but it will be up to you. I’ll feel better when guys like Bryan Abreu, Hector Neris, Ryan Pressly, Stanek, the whole lot of them. They seem unfazed. Rafael Montero.

“Hey, hold on a second. Mauricio Dubón. Did I know you were going to turn into Jose Altuve in his absence? I did not. I’m sorry. Corey Julks? You look like I do not want to run into you in a dark alley. You look ready to roll and you’ve had some big hits this year and have helped this team. Twenty-game hitting streak for Mauricio Dubón, how can we deny it?. Hitting .341 this season. Corey Julks? .299, two homers, 8 RBIs in 19 games.

As Shehadi and Flores stepped in, DeRosa also apologized to Mattress Mack, Hakeem Olajuwon, Travis Scott and Paul Wall just for good measure.

He re-did his top five list and put the Astros in there at No. 3, behind the Braves and Rays, which still won't satisfy everyone.

Adblock test (Why?)



"network" - Google News
April 29, 2023 at 04:50AM
https://ift.tt/lerimZx

MLB Network's Mark DeRosa hilariously apologizes to Astros - Houston Chronicle
"network" - Google News
https://ift.tt/do8JCyU
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Comcast reluctantly agrees to stop its misleading “10G Network” claims - Ars Technica

Enlarge Comcast Comcast has reluctantly agreed to discontinue its "Xfinity 10G Network" brand name after losing an appeal of...

Postingan Populer